// Out asks about
your relationship to
the people in the world.
“OUT” asks questions about your impact and contribution in the world.
- What inspires you, moves you, demands a response from you?
- Where do you want to touch the world?
- Where do you want to serve humanity?
- Whom do you want to see meet with God?
Consider the places where you are called to touch your world.
- On what are you motivated to spend time and energy?
- Do you work or study?
- Who are your friends that aren’t Christians?
- Where do you meet socially with those outside of church?
- Where are you involved with those outside of the church?
- What are your hobbies?
The answers to these questions are an invitation to mission.
- With whom do you engage in the world?
- What do you do to connect with the world?
- How do you connect with the world?
- Where do you engage with the world?
In this final week, we can clearly see invitation and challenge as Jesus sets His face toward the cross. Who we truly are is often exposed in times of stress and trial. This is also true of Jesus, as we see His UP clearly demonstrated in His prayers at Gethsemane; His IN lovingly shared in the upper room on Maundy Thursday; and His OUT reflected in His heart as He says from the cross, “Father, forgive these people, because they don’t know what they are doing.”
UP – Go to the 40 hours of Prayer this week. Ask God to give you eyes to see someone needing to be encouraged by the love and forgiveness of Jesus.
IN – Go to the Community Wide Communion Service on Maundy Thursday. While you are there, extend a hand of love with an encouraging word to someone who has served you or encouraged your walk with Jesus during these 40 days of Lent!
OUT – Go outside your comfort zone — don’t keep the meaning and joy of this week to yourself. This week, share with one person who is distant from God one place where Jesus has had meaning in your life.